This ride is ideal warm up or wind down from your Discovery Rides adventure………
- Distance: 20 km
- Average Speed: 5-15kms per hour
- Start Time: 8:00am
- Finish Time (route closed): 12:00pm
- Start/Finish Location: Hanging Rock – Discovery Rides Central HUB (map)
- 5yrs and older, children under 16 must ride with paying adult.
Cut-off times Discovery Ride Batemans Bay 2014. To provide a safe event for all riders in the Discovery Ride, and to reduce the impact the event has on the local community, the Discovery Rides will enforce “cut off” times along the route so we are able to safely move the participants through the route and re-open any closed roads to the non-event community. If you are able to keep up with the average speed specified for this ride you will have no problem reaching the following cut-off points as they are designed to give you enough time to ride the event, but also experiences what’s on offer at each of the sites and attractions along the way. It is important to note that the Discovery Rides are not a race and the routes and timings have been designed to allow fun recreational safe rides around the south coast of New South Wales.
- Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve – a hidden treasure with wildlife, secluded beach and a short hike to a scenic lookout
- Corrigans Beach – beautiful family beach close to parklands and cafes
- Bateman’s Bay Wharf area and township with shopping and waterfront cafes to sit and enjoy the scenery
- Observation Head Lookout, a stunning view of the Bateman’s Bay ocean