Finish Line Assistant – Job Description
Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th
What is a Finish Line Assistant? As the riders head back towards the Central HUB a group of volunteers is required to marshal riders safely back to the HUB area. The main focus will be in ensuring the safety of the riders and crowd control. You will also be involved in the pack down on the finish line area.
- Site safety at all times
- Pack down of the Finish Line with the assistance of your Team Leader
- Assist event staff with the finish of every ride
- Directing cyclists to the finish line area
- Keeping the Central HUB shining through rubbish and recycling
- Information giving to cyclists and the public
Do I need any special skills? The ability to take direction from your Team and manage a large crowd of people. A friendly and helpful personality also won’t go astray.